HACKS TO MAKE YOUR HAIR VOLUMINOUS !
Let's be honest, we spend a lot of money, and even more time trying to get our hair looking thick and lustrous. We’re always trying to replicate our hairdresser’s skills, when actually we could save ourselves a lot of effort by just keeping things simple. Instead of over complicating the process with products, heat, and styling.
So here are some hacks to make you look fabulous.
BLOW DRY LIKE A PRO
If you desperately need voluminous hair then this hack is for you! Blow dry your hair until its 90% dry and make a high bun near your forehead. Leave it for 15 minutes while you finish to apply your makeup. It will look so much fuller and it’ll have crazy volume. Leave it in for even longer if you can, and you’ll get longer-lasting volume
GET LAYERS CUT IN
If you have a blunt cut, where your hair is all one length, it lacks dimension and it can weigh your hair down. By adding lots of light layers, you’ll give your hair movement and add shape, and as a result, more volume.
Roots are an instant giveaway to thin hair, but there are actually so many easy ways you can conceal them to create the illusion of thicker hair. For our go-to touch up, we spray our roots with dry shampoo to add some texture and then we fill in our hairline, using eyeshadow to hide our scalp.
BACKCOMB LIKE A PRO
Backcombing, It’s something most of us associate with the 80’s, but really it should be your go-to trick, easiest one to add volume instantly.
STEPS TO BACKCOMB
- First of all you need to make sure you have a good brush that’s tailored to backcombing.
- Start by sectioning your hair into small sections, beginning at the crown.
- Then comb through the section before backcombing to make sure you don’t matte your hair.
- Once it’s combed, begin to push the hair back towards your scalp in singular, fluid movements.
- Once that’s done, you can spray hairspray on the section to hold it. Then flip your hair and use your hands to carefully smooth it so it still looks sleek.
PUT IN ROLLERS
Hot Rollers are awesome! Trust me there's no special technique required, just throw them in before you start your makeup and take them out once you're ready. Rolling away from the face gives you glam Hollywood waves, while towards the face creates a more vintage, Veronica Lake effect.
We hope you enjoyed reading and will try these tricks to have voluminous hair! If you've tried any tricks too then do share them in comments below!